Friday, January 18, 2013

My Love Affair.....


My Love Affair with upcycling VHS and Cassette Tapes

Ok, I admit I am obsessed with trash and curb side finds and simply all kinds of things I find around the house.

There is nothing more gratifying to me creatively, than eye-catching pieces made from ‘stuff’ that would otherwise end up in a landfill. 

One of my favorite creative endeavors is recycling VHS and Cassette Tapes into….well anything from jewelry, purses & bags, to planter covers and vases, to belts, frames and on and on… The sky is the limit.

I was sitting around the house one day , crochet hook in hand looking at my yarn when my eyes fell on my VHS collection collecting massive dust bunnies on my shelf and I thought hmmmmmm.. Could I… should I…?  And no I was not thinking of dusting!
Excitedly I pried the tape case open and my eyes fell upon this beautiful shiny black tape ready to be made into something fabulous……and that is where it all started




 Cuff using a vintage belt buckle to add more spark



cuff crochet with brown cassette tape using pretty turquoise beads






No comments:

Post a Comment